2020-21 School Year
The Woods is OPEN for all students for in-person learning for the 2020-21 school year. The following changes have been implemented in our school for this year:
- Medical screening for every student and parent each morning. The screening includes:
- Temperature Scan
- Medical questionnaire through private online portal
- Tape marking the ground to indicate 6 feet distancing between the students
- Limited class sizes
- 10 students in each Toddler House Class
- 18 students in each Children’s House Class
- Hand washing is a presupposition lesson that will now be introduced with each lesson as the initial starting point
- Material Washing will be the final step for the children in their lesson. Each material will be washed by the children and then sanitized by the teacher before being put back on the shelf
- Complete sanitization of materials at the end of the day
- All students will have individualized work mats and materials. These materials include:
- Pencil Case
- Glue sticks, pencils, markers, crayons, etc.
- Only students and teachers are allowed in the building
- All students enrolled in our Full Day Program are required to purchase the school lunch unless they have a documented medical allergy to cut down on the number of items being brought into the building.
- All faculty are be required to wear masks when actively working with students. Students under the age of 10 are not required to wear them, but will be encouraged to do so. Students under the age of 2 will not wear masks as this causes a serious risk to them.
- New fogging machine to sanitize all playground equipment between uses
- New HVAC Bi-Polar Ionization System that neutralizes bacteria, mold, allergens, and viruses including COVID from the air. For more information click here.
- New table barriers to help protect the children when working